Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Making Memories - Then and Now

The first poem was given to Rob shortly afer our engagement.
Memories of you and me
Moonlit walks along the beach move us one step closer within.
Each song you guess correctly assures me you do listen.
Many macarenas and limbo dancing turn us toward the right direction.
Olympic torch lighting in Cleveland warms me up to your affections.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Hornblowers exhibit loud and clear of your charm.
Indians games at Stonis slide me safe into your arms.
Each candle that we light sparks new dreams to come true.
Staring up at the airplanes heightens my appreciation for you.

The second poem was given to Rob in his birthday card recently.
Memories of you and me, plus three
Moonlit pacing with a colic baby and working the next day.
Each lullaby is sung until babies are sleeping away.
Many sleepless nights but more milestones to date.
Olympic-sized tantrums that don’t go away.
Rock and Roll music being played as our kids are born.
Indians and Browns games on the couch with our newborns.
Each candle that we light is another child’s birthday to celebrate.
Staring at our kids makes me appreciate each day.


How have your memories changed since having kids? More importantly, how have you changed as a person since becoming a parent?

No comments:

Post a Comment