Friday, August 24, 2012

The First 100 Days of School in Pictures

In the spirit of the First 100 Days of School, I thought it would be fun to post a picture quote for each day using verses from my poems and writings. I'll continue to add to this page for each school day, so keep coming back to this page to be inspired.

Feel free to post a comment on how your kids' first day of school went. What were some of  your best school memories?

Day 4
It was a long day of work and I was tired after a typical day of making dinner, having the kids finish their homework, making sure kids finish dinner, etc. But the kids really wanted to go swimming and there was only a week left before the pool closes. Plus, it was still early enough to go to the pool next door. So we did, and was so glad we did because we were the only ones at the pool and the kids had a blast. How often does that happen?

Day 3
It was my first office day since the kids started school. I had made sure the kids did their homework over the weekend and two days ahead of schedule (in anticipation that figuring out the new school schedule and balancing that with work will be tough the first week). My mother-in-law was kind enough to fold the laundry that I had started before going to work, helped him with new homework, and she had tidied up the playroom when I got home. I even had time to make a decent dinner with multiple choices for the kids, and the kids even ate all their dinner without much fuss. 

But then shortly after dinner, I find out from my son that he has a timed math test the next day. I wasn't very happy with him because I wish he would have told me sooner about it so that he could have studied for it with his grandmother while I was at work, or with me while I was making dinner. So we had to frantically juggle the night's activities. I had to make flashcards, and his dad and I alternated in between doing dishes, showering his younger sister, and putting the other kids to bed first, to quiz him. He was up a half hour past his bedtime.

What turned to be a combination of a straight-forward and hectic day had its way of turning out okay after all. Before he went to bed, he had apologized to me again, without me bringing up to him that he needs to communicate to me about things at school that I need to know about right away. That showed me that he realized he learned his lesson, and I realized that it's okay to have these kinds of days because soon, I will miss having these kinds of days when they're all grown up.



Day 2
The school years truly are milestones in our kids' lives.

Photo by istock.com


Day 1
The first day of school makes me sentimental. Here's a pic that sums up about how fast the kids' school years fly by.

Photo by istock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment